First Vice Parkhurst called the general membership meeting to order at 10:00 hours. The colors were advanced, POW/MIA chair cover was placed in accordance with Resolution 288, adopted by 67th National Convention, Chaplin offered prayer, and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited, followed by the preamble to our Constitution.
First Vice Parkhurst announced that he was running the meeting in lieu of Commander Greene, due to Commander Greene’s health. Adjutant Johnson conducted roll call and informed Commander there were 13 of 14 officers, with 6 other members present. Adjutant announced a quorum was present and that business could be conducted, roll call is attached for the record.
|First Vice||Scott Parkhurst||☒|
|Second Vice||Bill Rohm||☒|
|Service Officer||Steve Rawson||☒|
|Judge Advocate||Bill Milton||☒|
|Sergeant at Arms||Dennis Wright||☒|
|Member at Large||Carlos Garay||☐|
|Member at Large||Tim Stalnecker||☒|
|Member at Large||Glenn Sierra||☒|
|Past Commander||Scott Parkhurst||☒|
Recommendation for the reading of the previous monthly board minutes, motion made by T Stalnecker 2nd by S Rawson and passed by all present with (
discussion) or (no discussion).
- Finance: ($-2,735.06) motions by D Wright and 2nd by T Stalnecker to accept with (discussion) or (
no discussion) as follows, reasoning for the loss in finance was due to the added increase to the cost which will now include all property plus buildings, motion passed by all present and filed for audit.
- Service officer: advised contacted 2 veterans needing assistance, stated he directed each party on who and where they needed to contact.
- Service Officer Report: monthly report read for documentation into the meeting minutes, no motion or discussion was required, and report was filed with finance report.
- Membership: goal for 2022 year is 374 total 304 @ 81.28%
- Finance officer C Andrews advised that he was informed to increase property insurance from $250,000 to $500,000 he would have to issue another check up to $2500.00 to insurance company in order to cover the increase, motions by S Ferrell to spend the money for the increase 2nd by N Johnson with no discussion and passed by all present.
- Recommendation on the floor to purchase used freezer to replace the one in the old kitchen area, motion by C Andrews to spend up to $600.00 2nd by B Rohm with discussion as follows, members inquired on the differences between new and used warranties, figures were given by finance officer and motion was passed by all present.
- Recommendation on the floor to allow motorcycle club members to utilize the backyard facilities to hold events, motion by S Parkhurst to allow them access 2nd by C Andrews with discussion as follows, members raised issues that if we allow on m/c used the facilities other m/c would want to, also stated was the fact that if done could be interpreted as us be a motorcycle club and getting the reputation and that is not what the American Legion represents, motion was rescinded.
- Motion by N Johnson to allow commander and finance officer to make emergency financial decisions on minor issues for the post without board approval 2nd by S Ferrell with no discussion and passed by all present
Members voted in by general membership (2) (Capperelli and Yarger) motions by R Ludiker 2nd by J Parker to accept new members and passed by all present with no discussion.
Reading of correspondences/letters/information:
- Discussion on the floor by S Parkhurst regarding ads for sale on TapTV monitors in canteen area, stated we can run up to 10 ads per hour and need a consensus on a price we want to sell the ads to the public for. Motion by R Ludiker to charge $100.00 per ad 2nd by B Rohm with discussion as follows, members advised that it was a high price since we were just starting out stating we would get more ads if we made it lower or more reasonable and would more than likely get a better revenue with a lower price. N Johnson called for a vote by a show of hands, motion was tied with 6 for and 6 against and 1 abstaining, commander broke the tie with motion not passing on the price.
- New motion on the floor by B Milton to charge $50.00 per ad per month 2nd by S Rawson with no discussion and passed by a vote of 11 for, 2 against and 6 abstaining.
- Discussion on the floor by S Parkhurst to spend up to $300.00 installing USB charging post stations around the main bar area in the canteen allowing patrons to charge their phones. Motion by N Johnson 2nd by S Phillips with discussion as follows, members inquired about any issues with electrical surges and/or outages as to weather it would affect them and what or if any liabilities/responsibilities would be held upon us if a phone was damages due to power issues, also question would they be in a place that liquid could be spilled on the charging ports, advised that ports would be placed under the bar top area out of the way and that all patrons using them would be at their own risk, motion passed by all present.
- Discussion on the floor about holding an event in the back yard area after the memorial service. Motion by R Ludiker stated that this would be a great opportunity to have a Legion fun day for all the veterans and family members 2nd by S Phillips with discussion as follows, questions asked as to what would be planned some members stated about setting up a beer station, free hot dogs, games (horseshoes/cornhole) and even a bounce house for younger family members, members inquired on what would be a
good spending cost, B Rawson advised allowing $250.00 plus bounce house 2nd by S Rawson with no other discussion and passed by all present.
Good of the American Legion
- Leak in male bathroom canteen area was fixed.
- Neon sign needs fixing.
- Flags @ gravesites 28 May meet at post 9 am
- Flag pickup 31 May meet @ post 9 am
- Legion cooking 22 Apr
- Kitchen remodel completion by next week
- Flagpole top needs fixing
The closing ceremony commenced with a prayer by the Chaplin, retiring of the POW/MIA chair cover, along with the colors of our Nation
Meeting was adjourned at 1155 hours
Minutes prepared by Nicholas Johnson Sr. Adjutant ____________________________
Minutes approved by Scott Parkhurst, First Vice ____________________________
Next time I read a blog, Hopefully it doesnt disappoint me as much as this particular one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, however I genuinely thought youd have something helpful to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something you could possibly fix if you were not too busy searching for attention.